Steps for Admission:
Upon expressing interest to learn more about Royal School, a family is invited to take a private tour of the school. Sign up for a visit
using this form
- Parents meet the Director, Registrar and the Director of Studies prior to admission. Meetings serve to ensure: All forms are given to the parents and are completed by them. These include the admissions form, the medical form and the Parent’s Handbook. Parents have the opportunity to share information about their children with the appropriate teaching personnel. All parties are clear on the obligations and the expectations of others.
- Assessment tests are scheduled in agreement with the candidate and family, as applicable.
- Once tests are graded, results are discussed with parents and the candidate. More interviews, if needed, are scheduled at this time.
- All candidates have a formal meeting with the school Educational Psychologist.
- Once a decision to enrol the candidate has been made, it is communicated to the parents and the Registrar ensures all documents required for admission are in the student’s file and that contracts have been handed to the parents.
- The student is introduced to his / her peer class and parents are informed with regard to uniform, school supplies, or any other items.
- All inducted students will meet the CSO who will appoint a ‘buddy’.
- Pastoral teachers will open a SPF and where appropriate, write up an IEP after parent consultation.
- All new students must successfully pass a whole half term induction period before achieving permanent status membership of the RS community.
If you want to let your child experience what a day feels like as a student at Royal School for free register here, or sign up here for a school tour.