Equal Opportunity Institution:
Royal School (RS) follows a non-discriminatory admissions policy, which ensures that children are not discriminated or refused admission based on their gender, race, culture, creed, as long as there exists compatibility with our school’s philosophy. Students may consider an admissions application at any point during the academic year. All applications for admission are given equal status by our school and no child is excluded on the basis of nationality, culture, religious beliefs or academic ability.
RS offers an international education approved by the Romanian Ministry of Education and Research, and based on the National Curriculum for England, and on the Cambridge Curriculum (for the high-school). Our curriculum has been adapted to meet the needs of both the Romanian and international students.
Parents must understand before enrolling their children at RS that we are an international school and offer an English learning experience with the addition of Romanian, Hungarian, German, French, Spanish Language during 2 hours/week offered as mother tongue. It is equally not part of RS ethos to act as a solely English Language centre.
During the admission process and the following half term induction period, parents are obliged to provide the office with the academic history from previous schools and also where necessary, records of special educational needs (SEN), along with medical records of their children. An IEP (individual educational plan) is agreed with the parents where necessary and is reviewed and refreshed each half
The documents required for enrolment of children are:
1. Enrolment application and all related documents:
- two photos of the child, passport format,
- copy of birth certificate,
- copy of the student’s passport (for foreign students),
- copies of parents’ IDs (internal use only),
- transcript of records from the previously attended educational institution (translated into Romanian/ English, in case of foreign students),
- transfer application form (if applicable),
- medical certificate issued by the family doctor and a copy of the vaccination card, psychological evaluation for those who start school for the first time,
- document showing residence of the child (if other than the residence mentioned in parents’ / legal guardians’ ID),
- court decision for child custody to one of the parents / legal guardians (if applicable),
- parent questionnaire for evaluation of development and behaviour filled in and acknowledged by parent.
Student tuition agreement filled in and signed in two (2) original copy